Role: Embedded Software Engineer (Medical Device) R&D
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Duration: 6 Months +
· Experience Band: 6+ years commercial embedded design experience
with demonstrated experience in full product design and launch from concept
· Realtime embedded Software Developer to develop advanced medical
device software applications. Medical software device development a plus
· B.S. in C.S.. minimum, M.S in C.S. is a plus.
· Architect, design and prototype real time software applications
for use in endoscopy products to meet customer needs, manufacturability,
cost, quality, reliability, effectiveness and usability
· Seeks new technologies for integration into new products. Assist
in new product planning
· Performs sustaining engineering functions to maintain existing
· Demonstrated ability to perform at individual contributor role
with responsibilities for architecture of software subcomponent.
· Provides technical support to other groups as required to bring a
product successfully through commercialization, helps maintain existing
products and supports vendor technical requirements.
· Performs design control functions to ensure compliance with FDA,
ISO and other QSRs. Takes responsibility for Design History Files, writes
product specifications, test protocols and test reports, conducts design
reviews when applicable.
· Proven Hands-on design experience and product release in the
· Embedded real time development including board support package
bring up, ability to debug at the i/o wire level.
· General embedded design experience including familiarity with
design patterns for various communication interfaces including wireless
and wired network protocols, debugging tools, familiarity with hardware
interfaces (I2C, UARTS, general bus architectures, flash devices and